twenteen-four :D
would love to appear classy and sexy.
i dig hot and beautiful women (inside out), ladies who are classy and poise.
i am still taking in love pills, predicted to be an ongoing lifetime 'need'.
i am content with God's gift: a family, true love, true friends.
Thursday, February 10, 2011, Career VS Job? @ 1:10 PM
You will see more often blogging now as I have make it a point to blog when I have something to share during my lunch time.
Lately, I have been thinking alot about this topic (Career Vs Job). I am envious of some of my friends who are happy with their career. Why I call it career? To me, it should be something that you love doing and feel so motivated to come to work (despite the it'ssohardtowakeupearlyfeeling). If you feel happy to go work. If you feel you enjoy yourselves with the organisation. If you feel you missed what you are doing each time you are on long leave. Well, that means you have found yourself your career.
It's ok to feel that you are still not happy although you have a good working environment. It's ok to job hop- to find what you really want and what you really love. It's ok to feel that in order to gain experience from different job functions, you take up temporary assignments.
That kind of sums up what I really feel. I am not complaining nor very satisfied with my current job.
Its accounts related. Really testing my accounts knowledge. With the experience and skills I had from my previous company, it equates nothing, nothing is applicable except for GST returns, IR8A, CPF related. Seriously, I'm glad I made the move to leave. If I were to stay there, I need to forever be in there because, what we gained is totally irrelevant to the course of study I pursued.
But what I am doing now here, it's totally applicable. Finally, I have a hands on experience of accounts job. Accounts is very complex when it comes to business world. It's no longer just debits and credits like before. No longer just using the bookkeeping pad.
So with all this opportunity of gaining experience and learning about the working life of an accounts executive, am I happy?
It's something I have been questioning myself. I don't want to speak too soon. On the other hand, I have my reasons why I took up this job ( read: job not career)
Let's see how things goes come next year? Insya allah. Once again, I shall just leave it to HIM. Amin.